Feedback on DIPA Hop Blend

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Savage06

Reaction score
I'm going to brew a DIPA and was looking for some feedback on the details. I like Dry, Citrus/Tropical Hop notes with some pine to balance.
Here is the recipe:

Maris Otter - 14 lbs
Vienna - 1lbs
Munich - 1lbs
Crystal 10 - .5lbs
Carapils - .5lbs

1oz Magnum@60
1oz Eldorado@10
1oz Mosaic@10
1oz Simcoe@10
1oz Eldorado@FO
1oz Mosaic@FO
1oz Simcoe@FO
2oz Eldorado DH 5 Days
2oz Mosaic DH 5 Days
2oz Simcoe DH 5 Days

as for the yeast, I tend to stray towards English strains like fullers but was thinking about using Denny's favorite 50 for a bit more mouth-feel. I have heard it isn't the best floccing yeast though, will it drop out with finings and cold crashing?

Has anybody used Eldorado, Simcoe, and Mosaic together? How did it turn out? I'm looking for citrus and tropical but and hoping the Simcoe will bring some pine to tone it down.

I have the following hops to sub out: Cascade, Nugget, Nelson, and Citra

Whats the OG you'll get on your system?
The vienna and munich will keep a touch of malty taste in the background which might be a good thing... i like my IIPAs with some balance, so that would work for me.
If you want a true west coast style DRY IIPA i'd drop everything but the basemalt and toss some sugar in it.
Although, with the FO hops, i'd honestly, toss them in, put the lid on and let it all settle for 10-15 minutes and run it off... but thats me!
Either way though, looks like it'd be awesome

Back