Favorite Cult Film?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
By THAT definition, Tampopo is not a cult film. It was a major production in Japan. That's like saying a Miyazaki film is a cult film.

One could argue that almost any foreign film is cult. Not many people here want to read subtitles for an hour and a half.

Rubber

Couldn't most if not all Wes Anderson movies be considered cult? The Life Aquatic surely...

weirdboy said:
John Carpenter really has a lot of awesome cult classic films under his belt.

They Live
Big Trouble in Little China
The Thing
Escape from New York
Halloween

Halloween no. In the past 10 years or so it has become a huge film. Back in the 90's i would agree with you.

Rubber.....hell yes.

Evil dead II, best horror ever. Absolute cult classic supreme. Saw the theatrical musical version last month. INCREDIBLE.

My BIL is a serious movie watcher. He says you haven't lived until you've seen the Leprechaun series, specifically, Leprechaun in the Hood. I can't make myself watch them, they just seem too weird.

Dwain said:
My BIL is a serious movie watcher. He says you haven't lived until you've seen the Leprechaun series, specifically, Leprechaun in the Hood. I can't make myself watch them, they just seem too weird.

Amazing movies. I like leprechaun in space.

Two great scenes come to mind. When the girl shows the guy her tits and he goes to motorboat them. Bam. Tricked him into thinking it was a girl when actually it was a fan. Another one is when he is on a pogo stick jumping on the guys chest.

OH crap yeah! Salma is the hottest thing ever.

My kids were watching Spykids 2 (god save us) and I was doing my best to be out of the room. BUT....Salma plays this scientist chick with PIG TAILS......
Somehow.........hotter than D to D......(maybe;)).....

The Attack of the Killer Tomatoes

Yeeeees! One of my favorite bad movies.

Wow! Two people besides my dad and me that have seen this movie!!! I truly thought we were the only two. The same night we watched this we also watched "Cars That Eat People" Another "classic" haha

Someone mentioned "Idiocracy". I defintely have to throw that in to my list. What a great movie!

I love this topic, I have a long list.

Blazing Saddles
Spaceballs
UHF
Weird science
Better of Dead
Big Trouble in Little China
The Naked Gun
Hot Shots and Hot Shots Part Deux
Hot fuzz

Wow! Two people besides my dad and me that have seen this movie!!! I truly thought we were the only two. The same night we watched this we also watched "Cars That Eat People" Another "classic" haha

Someone mentioned "Idiocracy". I defintely have to throw that in to my list. What a great movie!

I've seen Attack of Killer Tomatoes. Blah. The theme song that makes everyone go crazy is whacked though (Puberty Love).

I'll second Idiocracy. Ow my Balls!

Jacob_Marley said:
What is your favorite "cult" film?

For me ... probably Dr. Strangelove

Back in the 80's really liked The Warriors too, haven't seen it in years tho.

The Omen. I was named after Damien Thorn

American psycho
Fight club (duh)
Blade runner
The Warriors
Akira

A clock work orange and dr strangelove both really good but wouldn't say personal favorites.

I used to like boondock saints like top 10 fav of all time then watched it the other day for first time in awhile and there were so many f-bombs it kinda killed it for me. I didn't realize how terrible the dialogue was in it.

Can't believe office space is considered a cult classic but I guess it does has that kind of following. Greatness though, just think its too mainstream with Jennnifer Anniston

Snatch = greatness

I've seen on a few diff list after googling it... The Shawshank Redemption. Really? How is that a cult classic?

Aww man, I'm going to have to watch all of these this weekend. It's been too long. I'll throw out a few.

Goonies
Clerks
Army of Darkness

Three of my favorite movies right there.

Arturo.....purist/threadkiller/all around good guy!!

Nice try on that one, but I predict the thread will live on.

Back