Faucets Produce a Superior Head?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shooter

Almaigan Brewing Co.
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I finished up the keezer collar and mounted a set of Perlicks last weekend and love how crisp they are compared to trying to dispense from my old picnic taps. I also notice that it is easier to produce a quality head on the beer in comparison to the picnics. Maybe it's just me, but man, I LOVE these things!!!

Now, I just need to figure out where the seal is leaking to fix the condensation issue!!!:mad:

I finished up the keezer collar and mounted a set of Perlicks last weekend and love how crisp they are compared to trying to dispense from my old picnic taps. I also notice that it is easier to produce a quality head on the beer in comparison to the picnics. Maybe it's just me, but man, I LOVE these things!!!

Now, I just need to figure out where the seal is leaking to fix the condensation issue!!!:mad:

You won't get rid of the condensation. At least, I never have. I don't mind since it keeps the tap cold. I don't think it's a seal causing it, but the fact that you have a shank mounted inside a freezer that is cold.

You won't get rid of the condensation. At least, I never have. I don't mind since it keeps the tap cold. I don't think it's a seal causing it, but the fact that you have a shank mounted inside a freezer that is cold.

Well, I don't really see how much more sealant I can put on the seams or around the shanks. So, we'll see. The humidity dropped yesterday to more normal levels and it wasn't as bad this morning, but still a tiny puddle of water in one corner next to the compressor hump. Two buckets of Damp Rid don't seem to be helping much.

Well, I don't really see how much more sealant I can put on the seams or around the shanks. So, we'll see. The humidity dropped yesterday to more normal levels and it wasn't as bad this morning, but still a tiny puddle of water in one corner next to the compressor hump. Two buckets of Damp Rid don't seem to be helping much.

I don't think you're getting condensation because of the seals though. It's probably just because it's metal on metal going through the wall of your keezer. The cold transfers through and forms condensation on the faucets. At least it makes the tap look more appealing. If you don't have a drip tray setup yet, it'll help catch most of that water.

I just switched from stock taps to some nice shiny new Perlicks. It really is amazing how much better pour/head you can get from them. I like to think it makes the beer taste better as well. :drunk:

Back