Fat Tire in Maryland

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bmorebrew

Reaction score
OK, I know haters gonna hate, but . . .

I just picked up two 22 oz. bottles of Fat Tire Maryland Commemorative Bottles.

Its not my favorite beer in the world, but it is a beer I enjoy, and I haven't had it in quite a while.

Anyone else happy about this?

Quoted from the August/September 2011 Mid-Atlantic Brewing News:

"Beer drinkers in Pennsylvania, New York and the res of the Mid-Atlantic will have to bide their time, however: New Belgium plans no further expansion for 2011. ' I think we will fill in other gaps in the country before we take on the enormous markets in the Northeast,' said Neil Reeve, New Belgium's Mid-Atlantic regional director . . ."

Sorry.

I've been waiting so long I barely think about it until something like this comes up. I lived in Colorado for four years, and visit relatively often, so I totally know what I'm missing. Sucks.

I just did a Fat Tire clone a couple weeks ago. I thought I still had one or two bottles of the real thing a coworker had brought back to me from North Carolina, I was wrong. Well Elkton Maryland, right on the border, is about an hour and a half from my house, and i'm seriously thinking of making a quick trip to get some. Doubt it will be this weekend though with Irene expected to make her appearance.

I'd be much more upset about not getting the 1554. Fat Tire is an alright amber, but if that's all I'm after, Mactarnahan's gets the sale.

Lips of Faith series FTW.

Lots of good buzz here on New Belgium finally making it out here and aside from Fat Tire being a polarizing brew (love it or hate it), NB is a welcome addition to the DC market. Can't wait until they are distributing their entire lineup, especially La Folie

I can be in MD in an hour and we love nb products. Can anybody recommend somewhere in the nw corner near pa, wv line that I can buy some beer? I think it's the friendsville area?

Mongrel said:
I'd be much more upset about not getting the 1554. Fat Tire is an alright amber, but if that's all I'm after, Mactarnahan's gets the sale.

+1

1554 has quickly become a favorite of mine.

I can be in MD in an hour and we love nb products. Can anybody recommend somewhere in the nw corner near pa, wv line that I can buy some beer? I think it's the friendsville area?

I live right outside of Hagerstown and actually work in Hagerstown. I'll be making some calls today to see what I can find in the area. It may be a bit to far east for you though, but I'll be sure to let you know.

Sounds like they aren't in MoCo yet, from their press release: "No deal has been signed for Montgomery County, MD at this time though there are plans to open that area eventually. As the county operates independently of the three-tier system, there are logistical challenges to storage, QA standards and services that need to be addressed in a creative way."

An interactive map of NB distribution here in DC: http://dcist.com/2011/08/where_to_find_new_belgium.php

There's an awesome beer store here in Charlottesville, VA called Beer Run, and they just started stocking 22s of Fat Tire, Hoptoper Golden Ale, Ranger IPA, the Trippel, Kick Sour Ale and Clutch Dark Sour Ale. They say they'll be getting more in throughout the year. If someone wants some real bad, I could probably ship a few bottles. That sounds illegal though...

Dang, I guess I really never thought of a life without Fat Tire. I am certainly taking it for granted. Tonight I will buy a 12 pack and consume accordingly. Only after pouring a little out on the ground for my "Homies". Get it?

Those of you in MoCo, I just picked up a bottle of Fat Tire in McLean, VA at the Total Wine and More shop there... not too far of a drive for you at all.

I live right outside of Hagerstown and actually work in Hagerstown. I'll be making some calls today to see what I can find in the area. It may be a bit to far east for you though, but I'll be sure to let you know.

I just called the Wooden Keg here in Hagerstown. Owner said he bought up 50% of the distribution for Washington and Frederick county. I'm sure he was being facetious. Said he had a bunch of New Belgium stuff, the Trippel, Clultch, Kick, Fat Tire etc. I may have heard him wrong but he said $3.99 for a 22oz bomber of Fat Tire. Heading there after work for sure. :rockin:

We get Fat Tire in Minny and I will buy it once or twice a year. I like it, but it's not on my fav list by any means. Anyone had it out of a keg though? Oh man is it fantastic! Like 2 different beers.

BTW, I know this is common for many beers (Newcastle comes to mind), but it seems to be a larger difference than most.

I love me some Fat Tire. Honestly I haven't had a New Belgium brew that I haven't liked. Since most gas stations around me carry it (usually 3 fat tire, ranger ipa, and mothership), if I don't feel like driving far to get some good beer I'm set.

Appreciate it Terp, I'm not sure there is anything in the corner of the state. I usually stock up on NB when I go to OBX....bring back all the Fat Tire, Mothership, 1554 and Somersault I can fit in the truck. I should be drinkin' some NB come Saturday, but that dirty whore Irene is screwing up my plans. :mad:

Is Maryland getting everything or just Fat Tire?

Fat Tire, 1554, Ranger, Trippel, Lips of Faith series (Clutch and a few others).

I went to a local bar Monday and had a Fat Tire + 1554, then stopped by a packy on the way home and grabbed a bomber of Fat Tire and the Trippel for $4 each :rockin:

Not a bad Monday

Honestly, as much as I do like NB, I tend to like O'Dell's a little more. I did take both tours last year when I was in FT. Collins.

Btw, enjoying some Ranger IPA as I make a starter right this very moment.

Wow... looks like a trip might be worth it then. Maybe a late season Yankees-Orioles game at Camden with a stop on the way home.

Definitely worth it IMO. I just got an email from the bulk beer store that I go to less often. They're stocking Fat Tire, Ranger, Tripple, Hoptober for 2.99 and then Super Cru for 6.99 with Clutch and Kick comming soon (6.99 + 5.99)

Appreciate it Terp, I'm not sure there is anything in the corner of the state. I usually stock up on NB when I go to OBX....bring back all the Fat Tire, Mothership, 1554 and Somersault I can fit in the truck. I should be drinkin' some NB come Saturday, but that dirty whore Irene is screwing up my plans. :mad:

No problem man. You may be able to find something in Cumberland Maryland. Should be a little closer your way. I picked up 4 Fat Tire 22 oz and 2 Ranger IPA 22 oz. I was pretty impressed with the Ranger which I've never had before. They were both 3.99 for me. They also had some Clutch and Kick for 6.99 I believe. Might pick some of that up this evening to give it a try.

I'll look in Cumberland, that's under 2 hours. Roadtrip.

How does MD work for beer sales? Grocery stores, liquor stores, sheetz/convenience stores? I have no idea, what should I be searching for?

Great news! The wooden keg is my go to place in hagerstown. I'll have to make a stop this weekend when I go to my moms place. Thanks Bmorebrew and Bigterp for the heads up!

Hope you guys can find some!!! Maryland only sells in liquor stores. I'm finishing up my last bomber of fat tire right now :(. Wooden Keg had a decent amount when I was there on thursday. Ranger IPA has become my new favorite.

No, I went to Boonsboro/Tech High (graduated in 97). We moved up here about a year ago and love it! Obviously not much of a homebrew scene up here though..... :(

I graduated from Hancock in '99. Moved to Hagerstown after college and now live in Falling Waters. Picked up 2 Rangers and 2 Hoptobers from the Wooden Keg today. They still have a decent amount of New Belgium stuff left!!!

Latest posts

Back