Fast, easy, Pressure cooker

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikescooling

Reaction score
Fast, easy, Pressure cooker, it's a heck of a lot better than Fast-food. I just got home and made super fast chilli. I browned the ground beer in the cooker, then added a large onion, garlic, spices and a lot of peppers. It only took 1/2 an hr to cook this under pressure. What a great dinner! If you have some pressure cooker meals feel free to share them?

I'm going to bump my thread with this; you get home and want food. Pull out a frozen slice of pork butt, add it, water and spices to the pressure cooker, cook under pressure for 1/2hr, then add some whole onions and garlic with the peel off and cook for 15 more minutes under Pressure. You now have pulled pork with onions, in less than an hour. Everything I pressure cook gets some vinegar, I don't know why but it does.
I take it pressure cookers aren't cool anymore, it's just me and little old ladies that use them.

Yep. I like using the pressure cooker. It's like turning your stove to 11! The ribs below were "fall of the bone" done, and probably only took 30 minutes, max.

Pressure cooker chili:
browning-beef-for-pressure-cooker-chili-60860.jpg

Pressure cooker shortribs braised in coca-cola
thumb2__mg_8850-63783.jpg

Ribs in a pressure cooker are great. I'll give one warning, once I over cooked pork ribs and the bones turned to dust, bone dust all over my food. Total fail
Pork ribs cook fast like 20 min?

I rarely use mine, never got past the learning curve, I hope I can pick up some pointers on this thread. Cooler weather is probably the perfect time to pull it out again.

This is what I made from the raw frozen pork butt slice, took less than an hour to get food on the table. The onion is a huge sweet vidalia onion that cooked down (left side of the pot). I added some hot sauce to the pulled pork and a little mozzarella.

O and of course the bread is homemade with only, yeast, flour, water and salt. The way simple bread was meant to be.

Back