false bottom dip tube question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

frenchy9991

Reaction score
This may seem like a stupid question, but i'm planning my false bottom and dip tube build for my keggle. I'm wondering how one goes about unscrewing the dip tube when the false bottom is installed? I'm going to use a 15" pizza pan and drill holes for the bottom, but the dip tube i was going to use a bent piece of copper soldered to a 1/2 male fitting. I was toying with the idea of using a ball lock fitting to let the dip tube stand free while i unscrew the fitting, but it seems to take too much room. How are other people doing this? would the ball lock work or is it easy enough to remove a fixed piece?

It's easy enough to remove the fixed tube. You just need a tiny bit of play in your false bottom, which even the best will have. I've got full width 15" false bottoms in my brew kettle and mash tun, and just have to wiggle them a little to get the room I need to unscrew and remove the dip tube.

No need to over engineer, it's easy.

Latest posts

Back