Falling Skies (TV show)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cheezydemon3

Reaction score
I haven't liked a show this much since Battlestar Galactica (new one).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Falling_Skies

While BSG it aint, and a couple of the premises are similar, this is a great show in it's own right.

I am halfway through season 2 at this point, and it took this long to really make me a fan.

I am watching it on amazon prime streaming with the roku.

I figured you'd have a thread on this one, Cheezy. If not I was going to start one, so I searched first. But funny how it slipped through the cracks and no one seems to have anything to say about it.

I too just burned through BSG on Amazon Prime, and decided to look up this one. I'm only on episode 3, it's interesting, but the jury's still out for me.

To me it's more like walking dead then BSG.

I've had a few WTF moments, because I keep feeling like I'm missing something. I know from reading the wikipedia that they start the story 6 months into the alien occupation, but it leaves a lot of backstory unanswered, and I think that's what I don't like.

I am interested to see if the Pope character develops, and he integrates into the community, I like him I think more than any other characters, It seems like the only three dimensional characters in the show are really him, tom and the doctor. Everyone else just seems background.

Maybe that's what I don't like, and maybe it's too soon, but the ensemble is really flat, though there could be some interesting plots and sub plots with the other characters. That's what made BSG, and makes walking dead so good, is all the characters have personalities and plots around them, with few "filler" characters. Here everything mostly revolves around Tom, and the only other two characters that have depth is the woman doctor, and Pope.

I know it's new in the series for me. Hopefully it will get better the deeper into the show I get. It has potential.

2nd season the characters are a little more fleshed out, provided more depth.

unlike WD, FS doesn't show any of the "before" world, not even in flashback.

think both shows cop out by not showing the transition.

Ahh!!! ZOMBIE!!!!

Oh, thought this thread had died!!

You know me revvy, if the first 6 episodes were all that there is to this, then have it's own thread, it would not.;)

Stick it out. There are enough moments of awesomeness to win the day and pull you in. BSG it is not.

So I stopped over the weekend and got into Dr. Who instead, and just went back into this. I'm now into episode 6 of the first season, and I'm really liking it now. A few more of the characters have started to flesh out some. I'm enjoying it more than I thought from when I originally posted in here. Does Pope return though? He's still my favorite character.

The finale is a barn burner!

I don't want to spoil, but would like to discuss! Let me know when you get there.

Can't wait for it to start back! You guys should check out fringe, person of interest, banshee, revolution, oz, 24, the wire... Just a few to tide you over! Damn I miss working the constant nightshift

Holy ****e!

Dhai Dead (He was the one I kept hoping would finally have character development rather that just be a 2 dimensional backgrounder)? Hal has an alien parasite in him? The Doctor pregnant? And a new alien?

At least the armored alien was probably what the overlord's weapon was built to stop from coming. I bet he's an ally.....I hope.

Oh my god. I think I might like this show actually even better than BSG.

Can't wait for it to start back! You guys should check out fringe, person of interest, banshee, revolution, oz, 24, the wire... Just a few to tide you over! Damn I miss working the constant nightshift

I hate fringe, I gave it a couple 3 years and it never caught me. Same with Person of interest and Revolution, and 24. None of them caught me. I don't know what banshee is, have to check that out.

Make sure to check out oz. Six seasons. Some pretty bad as s dudes in that show. Sons of anarchy is excellent too

You polished off falling skies season one yet? Was a while ago now I finished season two but its a good cliff hanger that I still remember. Anyone know when season 3 starts? Too lazy to Google

I was a little put off by the little brain bug-bot thing.

Main dude has one in him, but they accidentally find it, no harm done even though it was in for 3 or 4 days.

His son gets one, and it is instant mind control? Or so it seemed. Seemed spur of the moment and not well planned.

Season 3? 2013.;)

I was a little put off by the little brain bug-bot thing.

Main dude has one in him, but they accidentally find it, no harm done even though it was in for 3 or 4 days.

His son gets one, and it is instant mind control? Or so it seemed. Seemed spur of the moment and not well planned.

Season 3? 2013.;)

think the bug in Main Dude was just a recon bug in his eyeball, not a mind control slug that they attach to the back. not sure they explained it well, but they only add the control slugs to kids.

and his son was with the skitters for a while, until they rescued him

New episodes were good.....kinda hated how they skipped 7 months with no intro of the new Aliens (Cochise??? Did I hear that right???) New Alien likes an old Indian name?

Good nonetheless, but a little more soap opera drama.

New episodes were good.....kinda hated how they skipped 7 months with no intro of the new Aliens (Cochise??? Did I hear that right???) New Alien likes an old Indian name?

Good nonetheless, but a little more soap opera drama.

I hated how they skipped the entire original invasion at the very beginning

thread necro: watched season 4 finale last night

I'm beginning to think this show is not very believable

Latest posts

Back