EzBoil is a game changer for me!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

christpuncher123

Reaction score
I've been debating weather the cost of electric brewing out ways the convenience for a long time now. I also have my own Reflux Still with a keg boiler, to go along with my 20 gallon biab setup, ran off propane. I always wanted to build a multi use 240v controller that I could use to, mash, boil, and distill. I bought the EzBoil DSPR120 and am finally going to be able build a controller for under $100. I'm keeping it simple, no other switches, led, receptacle, or alarms for now. I know a lot of people use PID's, but the convenience of being able to simply turn down the dial when your boil gets out of control, or your vapour gets too hot, is fantastic! What I plan on doing is installing an element and a probe in each kettle, that way I can just unplug from one and plug into the next. Does anyone know if I will need a thermowell for this , or can I jus screw it in as is? http://www.ebay.ca/itm/401125223954?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

I've been debating weather the cost of electric brewing out ways the convenience for a long time now. I also have my own Reflux Still with a keg boiler, to go along with my 20 gallon biab setup, ran off propane. I always wanted to build a multi use 240v controller that I could use to, mash, boil, and distill. I bought the EzBoil DSPR120 and am finally going to be able build a controller for under $100. I'm keeping it simple, no other switches, led, receptacle, or alarms for now. I know a lot of people use PID's, but the convenience of being able to simply turn down the dial when your boil gets out of control, or your vapour gets too hot, is fantastic! What I plan on doing is installing an element and a probe in each kettle, that way I can just unplug from one and plug into the next. Does anyone know if I will need a thermowell for this , or can I jus screw it in as is? http://www.ebay.ca/itm/401125223954?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

You don't need a thermowell with that style of probe.

Brew on :mug:

I have a simple setup also only with a pid,same as the ezboil only I need to push a button ,no biggie. I just have an element and a probe. Works great.
All you need in the pot is a 5500w element and probe.The auber probe I have has a quick disconnect. You could by 2 of those and simply disconnect the wire and switch to the other pot..simple simple

I have a simple setup also only with a pid,same as the ezboil only I need to push a button ,no biggie. I just have an element and a probe. Works great.
All you need in the pot is a 5500w element and probe.The auber probe I have has a quick disconnect. You could by 2 of those and simply disconnect the wire and switch to the other pot..simple simple

This is exactly what I'm going to do.

Latest posts

Back