Extension cable

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steven Sinclair

Reaction score
Getting ready to purchase 6 Inkbird C206T temperature controllers for my fermenters, but need to know if anyone knows of an extension cable that might work with the temperature probe cable. I've heard of others modifying other Inkbird controllers by cutting the wire, then splicing in a longer piece, but since this probe cable is removable, I was hoping to find just an extension cable for it. The probe cable has 4 separate parts to it, so I'm pretty sure an audio cable won't work. Ideas? I've attached an image of the probe cable. Thanx in advance.

Attachments

• probe.cable.png
    probe.cable.png
    207.2 KB · Views: 12

what is the longest probe available for the inkbird c206t maybe 20’-30’?

Answer:
The longest probe is 2m / 6.56ft
By Inkbird SELLER on January 27, 2020

votes
Question:
Is there an extension available for the temperature probe?
Answer:
Sorry, no.
By Inkbird SELLER on September 27, 2020

Hmm. Not sure why they say there is no extension available. It looks like this is for heating only and will not do cooling. You are set up with 6 fermenters in a cold environment and are heating to maintain the temperature? Is this in winter only or you have a summer solution as well? It has my brain spinning. Can you elaborate on your setup.

Yeah, don't know why they're answering no to the questions...aside from the possibility they don't know?

Anyway, yes, these C206T temperature controllers are made for heating only. They will be used to control the heat wraps for the fermenters and the cooling is done with a couple of BrewBuilt™ IceMaster Max 4 Glycol Chillers via the cooling coils in the fermenters. The nice thing about the Spike conical fermenters is the thermowells are large enough for multiple temperature probes.

Cheers!

Back