experience with morebeer.com ?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MikeinCT

Reaction score
Just placed an order with morebeer. There prices and selection seems to be very good. They have free shipping (maybe slow) for orders over $60. So I hope others have had good luck. Any comments?

They're great! I bought some "big ticket" items from them- my MLT, for example! and loved the fast shipping and free shipping!

Sometimes when I want to buy ingredients, they are out of what I'm looking for, but that's my only complaint (and it's not really a complaint- just an observation).

I love more beer. got a killer deal on some Cascade hops a few months ago in their clearence section. 99 cents for 2 ounces. ordered a pound and a half. more than they had in stock so it got BOd but only for about a week.

They are excellent I buy all my gear and ingredients from them. One of their showrooms / warehouses is 15-20 mins from my house. So If you need me to stop in an expedite your order let me know :mug:

seriously though their employees are good helpful people I highly recommend them.

I've ordered from them a couple of times. Both times I used their free shipping, and my order was at my door in about a week. I thought this was pretty good since they're in California and I'm in Florida. On one of my orders, there was an item left out. I gave them a call, they mailed it out via expedited shipping the same day, and it was in my hand two days later. I would HIGHLY recommend them!

Was going to head over there for some base grain (2-row U.S. and Crisp MO), and about 5lbs of about 15 other specialty grains, instead of having it shipped... do I need to call them to make sure they have the grains? It's about a 2 hr drive one way, so I want to make it worth it.

Was going to head over there for some base grain (2-row U.S. and Crisp MO), and about 5lbs of about 15 other specialty grains, instead of having it shipped... do I need to call them to make sure they have the grains? It's about a 2 hr drive one way, so I want to make it worth it.

I've never seen them have any issues with grain. They've always got plenty of it whenever I've been in the shop. However, since you are coming down from Grass Valley, it wouldn't hurt to give them a call, just to be sure. The other option is to check their website and see if it's in stock. Occasionally, I'll find that items they list of out of stock online are actually in stock, but, so far, I have not found an item listed as in stock to be out of stock when I got there.

I would call if making a special trip;)

I too recommend them. Can't beat the free shipping. They blow away LHBS prices!

I live really close to one of their stores, and I get pretty much all my stuff from them. I am really happy with the quality and the prices. Then again, I have never had to do any delivery from them, but still coming recommended.

The Los altos store is my lhbs. They are great! Very helpful and are really devoted to having good relationships with customers. If I had to nitpick I would say I wish they would carry some organic grains, NZ hops, and Wyeast. Absolutely great company though!

One of my favorite stores. Wish I had used them more when I lived in San Diego. Now that I live in Okinawa they are one of the few stores that will ship to me.

Back