Evil 3 (Cubed) Triple IPA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BreezyBrew

IPA is my spirit animal
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone saw this on Facebook?

Pretty cool they have the whole brewing sheet. The only thing I can't figure out is Phos 75%?

Recipe.jpg

That would be 600 ml of a 75% phosphoric acid solution to adjust pH. Phosphoric acid is a cost-effective way for commercial breweries to get correct mash and/or sparge pH, and has the benefit of not adding extra flavor components to the beer that may result from acidifying with lactic, tartaric, or citric acid.

And what brewery is this? No indication in your post or on the brew sheet...

It's a collaboration between Greg Koch (Stone), Jamil (Heretic), and Tasty McDole (of the Brewing Network) brewed at Heretic. Stone posted about it on Facebook this morning.

That would be 600 ml of a 75% phosphoric acid solution to adjust pH. Phosphoric acid is a cost-effective way for commercial breweries to get correct mash and/or sparge pH, and has the benefit of not adding extra flavor components to the beer that may result from acidifying with lactic, tartaric, or citric acid.

Oh, hello! Not sure why I didn't think of that. Thanks!

Thanks for posting this...that is really cool and I like all the information you can put one sheet, especially changes between batches. A great template for my personal brew sheet!

In my rough estimation of E3 for a 5G batch of this would look like:

11 g Gypsum (Calcium Sulfate)

18 lbs 4 oz Great Western Pilsner
1 lbs 10.7 oz Thomas Fawcett C45L
6 oz White Wheat Malt
1 lbs 3 oz Corn Sugar (Dextrose)

2.39 oz Warrior - Boil 60.0 min
3.67 oz Amarillo - Steep/Whirlpool 15 mini
3.67 oz Summer (Summer Saaz)- Steep/Whirlpool 15 min

5.0 pkg California Ale (White Labs #WLP001)

4.27 oz Summer (Summer Saaz) - Dry Hop 8 Days
1.42 oz Amarillo - Dry Hop 8 Days
4.27 oz Summer (Summer Saaz) - Dry Hop 4 Days
1.42 oz Amarillo - Dry Hop 4.0 Days

Latest posts

Back