Equally Obnoxious Hockey Trash Talk Thread, eh?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oooo, I think 24/7 started airing tonight? I think it's tomorrow in Canada but I'm not waiting longer just to watch a censored version.

Boring ****ers.

So what did we learn today? That Chicago, even with their goalie situation, can manhandle a very strong Kings team. At the tail end of a back-to-back.

The other game of that back to back was, against Toronto. Who embarrassed the Hawks on Saturday night. Conclusion? Toronto is winning the Stanley Cup this year.

But seriously, I think Carlyle's roster change was a good one. Fraser and Ranger have been major liabilities. Reilly has often as well, but at least the rookie has a ton of room for improvement, and the legs to cover up many of his mistakes. Idiots have been saying Clarkson is also a liability - as proven by the fact he didn't play this dominating game (suspension), and doesn't have a ton of points - but I see him putting more heart and effort into his game than *anybody* else, and have seen him narrowly miss on an absurd number of chances, for one reason or another. He is an asset to the team and will only become even more of one when his luck turns around. And it will.

But I still think he's a bit overpaid. Luckily the cap will be expanding massively. But I have to wonder if any other teams offered him anywhere near as much. Lately I've been looking at the roster and noticing how many Ontario boys we've got. A ****load. And I can't help but think it's absolutely intentional, that management is going after guys who grew up Leafs fans thinking they might save a bit of cap space with guys willing to take even slightly lower salaries to play for the team they grew up wanting to play on (because where else are you going to get to pick from so much local talent? Stamkos and Torres went to my suburban high school, Skinner was just down the road from me, etc - and this was just one town OUTSIDE Toronto).

Anyways if that's the case that they're trying to use that to their advantage, it's ****ing brilliant. But it still doesn't really explain Clarkson's salary.

Stupid coin toss needs to go. Look forward to ot changes next year.

Yes. I was for the shootout when it first appeared. It's still fun to watch, even if the Wings have been shooting like they are one-handed and blindfolded.

But, I think I'd prefer it if they went for a longer 4-4 period, like 10 minutes and then called a tie. I know everyone wants a winner at the end, but I'd rather see them play 4-4 or even, as some have suggested, some 3-3 action.

Can you imagine 3-3 hockey in OT??

Kessel is scared of people, plain and simple. Even the media scrum after practices or games make him uncomfortable .When HBO is at every practice, every game, looking for constant quote material ("Universe is humongous big..." etc.) Kessel will draw inward into himself, and his production will decrease signifcantly and the team will falter without him.

In all honesty though, I'd be nervous if I were a leaf fan, because of the HBO 24/7 camera's. I seriously believe it's going to ruin Kessel's year.

PS Mason Raymond was on a PTO and not signed by anyone for a reason, he'll drop off.

giphy.gif

The Hawks looked like crap in Toronto and deserved to lose. Although I think the road trip got to them a bit they still played with no emotion and did Raanta a real disservice.

The Hawks looked like crap in Toronto and deserved to lose. Although I think the road trip got to them a bit they still played with no emotion and did Raanta a real disservice.

The Leafs have been playing with no emotion for the majority of their games this year.

Winning games the *wrong* way at the start of the season seems to have screwed things up a bit. Either that or the INSANE amount of injured centres. WTF man.

Yeah that was a ridiculous penalty. Whatever. Sweet hat trick by sharpie! The guy better be a lock for team canada soon

Hawks up 7-2 and the ref gives Rosival 2 minutes for having his jersey untucked. What the fück people?

Typical Chicago noob. ;)

The rules prohibit the players from having their jerseys TUCKED. They're actually supposed to be untucked. Some players just think it looks cool.

I'm pretty sure players can also technically get fined for it, but that never happens either, and it's still a stupid penalty to call. If they're going to actually enforce it, they should at least do so uniformly (oooo... get it?), and not just when a ref thinks a team could use a break.

Typical Chicago noob. ;)

The rules prohibit the players from having their jerseys TUCKED. They're actually supposed to be untucked. Some players just think it looks cool.

I'm pretty sure players can also technically get fined for it, but that never happens either, and it's still a stupid penalty to call. If they're going to actually enforce it, they should at least do so uniformly (oooo... get it?), and not just when a ref thinks a team could use a break.

Yeah, I know. Ovechkin was bitching about it earlier this season. It's considered delay of game which is asinine.

But the wings are still ahead in the standings. Will make for a fun game Wednesday. I'll be at the Big House for it.

How can the Wings have remained so high, yet played so crappy the past several weeks!?!?

I'm looking forward to the Comerica park events as much as the Winter Classic, but since we are going to friend's house who aren't much on hockey, I might have to tape and watch when we get back.

Because the wings are now in the craptastic east conference where even mediocre records land play off spots. Cmon over back to the west and see where ya stand now. Unless ofcourse youre afraid of the hawks since last season ;)

But the wings are still ahead in the standings. Will make for a fun game Wednesday. I'll be at the Big House for it.

Pretty sure Toronto is ahead. Tied for points though which will make the game even more huge.

Yeah, the East has a terrible record overall. Some of the highest placed teams have a remarkably low point total.

Howard was NOT himself last night! I couldn't believe the couple of flaky goals he let past. Hope he's got his game together before the Winter Classic!

As of this morning the Wings and Leafs are tied in points, but the Wings are ranked just above. Not sure how that works out, but the Leafs have more losses, while the Wings have more OT losses.

Yeah, the East has a terrible record overall. Some of the highest placed teams have a remarkably low point total.

Howard was NOT himself last night! I couldn't believe the couple of flaky goals he let past. Hope he's got his game together before the Winter Classic!

As of this morning the Wings and Leafs are tied in points, but the Wings are ranked just above. Not sure how that works out, but the Leafs have more losses, while the Wings have more OT losses.

Whoops, you're right. Regardless, somebody's going to pull ahead tomorrow.

lol @ Montreal. Up 3-0 going into the 3rd period and then coughing up 4 straight to Carolina.

Wow, Montreal is lucky that Carolina took a bunch of stupid penalties at the end there. After that meltdown, the habs don't deserve even the one point they did get.

They have more ROW which is Regulation and Overtime Wins. It means that when two teams are tied the one who gets more points from winning shootouts is considered the lesser team.

It's a way of lessening the impact of having a skills competition decide hockey games, introduced 2 years ago I think.

Next year look for some new change to hopefully help reduce the frequency of these silly spectacles altogether. I hate shootouts. But man what a shot by Bozak. Lupul's was easy - you could've parked a bus under that space between Howard's pads. Detroit was lucky to get a point, despite outshooting Toronto 67 to 18. Dirty swede kicks one in - some things never change!

What a great game even if our dirty Swede kicked the goal in. And like usual, Jimmy "the sieve" Howard sucks it up in the shootout.

And my view in the cold today.

WP_20140101_001.jpg

I watched some fantastic Hockey played outdoors last night on my DVR. That's right, I'm talking about the ALUMNI GAMES! played at Comerica park.

OMG I loved seeing all of those unforgettable Hockey players. Seeing Howe and Lindsay drop the puck and seeing Konstantinov out there with the rest of the Russian Five was AWESOME (Said in a singing, high pitched girly voice)!

Yes, it was kind of like the All-Star game, but with more awesome stars. Having a few players mic'ed up was a nice treat. Redmond was his usual fun-loving self.

I *might* watch the Winter Classic tonight, regardless of the outcome.

Well the hawks let that one slip past em. Ill give it to the islanders, they really turned it up at the start of the second and nabokov stood on his head but any offense would have taken advantage of the huge opportunities our defense was giving them. At least crawford looked pretty good after coming back from his injury.

Nice, no suspension for Lupul's Winter Classic crosscheck to Eaves' neck.

ANOTHER hat trick for patrick sharp in 5 games. If that guy doesnt get to play in the olympics then the folks running team canada dont know what the hell theyre doing.

Well of course not. There was no concusion to actually require a suspension. Don't mind that is was dirty.

He was penalized on the play. That's the end of it.

Having supplementary discipline for EVERY damn thing that happens during a game is becoming annoying. This used to be what penalties were for.

Back