Equally Obnoxious Hockey Trash Talk Thread, eh?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
irgnJqp5fNwMz.gif

Jeeze, I just saw the footage of the Crosby thing. Ouchie!

That's gotta be karma for Iginla: gain one, lose one, the universe remains in balance...

Cheers! ;)

(ps: Honest to Flying Spaghetti Monster, the Bs better get their act together tonite, or I'm off to baseball...)

CityOChampBrew said:
I don't find it funny when anyone gets hurt. Poor kid has a broken jaw. Hockey season aside, kid is in a ton of pain right now I'm sure.

Might I just interject (and I was wrong when I thought this was painfully obvious) in saying that I use the word funny in the ironic definition. I know you know nothing of me at all, but I am a die hard fan of the Pens and Crosby alike. Think my avatar also gives that away. Not to mention, I've played the sport at the college level and received a slap shot to the neck and have recieved two concussions (which also came with attached ambulance rides to the local hospital). I think I can say that I can identify with how he feels. I never want to see anyone get hurt, even Scott Hartnall :-/

So, I can understand how that comment could have been misunderstood, but I guess I never thought a fellow fan would give me some guff!

CityOChampBrew said:
Did not see you avatar as it didn't load on the mobile app

I got ya. Well, now you know what I meant. No hard feelings on my end. My mobile app doesn't allow me to do a lot of things that it should.

Goofynewfie said:
Sitting 12 rows behind net @ oil vs flames right now

So that's what people do with their smartphones at hockey games!

Hope it's a good one for you. Go... Oilers??!!

I expect Toronto to do nothing. WHen you've got the Dark Horse 2013 Cup Winning team all ready to go, why change it?

Channel66 said:
At the hands of the sabres? Haha that sucks.

More than you know!!! But, hell, buffalo brought their A game and the Pens took WAY too many penalties. They deserved this win.

Please tell me the leafs are smarter than to to trade for Kipprusoff. when he signed current contract he said he was going to retire rather than play the last year, and has told management not to trade him because he will not report to the new team

Please tell me the leafs are smarter than to to trade for Kipprusoff. when he signed current contract he said he was going to retire rather than play the last year, and has told management not to trade him because he will not report to the new team

The Leafs have been speaking with his agents and himself directly. One would assume these points came up at some point in the conversation.

I'm happy with Toronto doing absolutely nothing today. Just keep building with youth, get a little stronger every year, develop, condition, improve. Nonis has said in the past that "today is the day when most mistakes are made by GM's" - he's not a fan of trade deadline day. If the Leafs do make a trade, it'll be minor. That's my take, at least.

Luongo is still being considered, I believe. There's a possible trade I could see happening that I really wouldn't mind, though I'm not going to get into it because I don't feel like startin a debate. Let's just say it involves a guy that far too often seems like he has no competitive spark whatsoever, and it just seems like we no longer need him as much as we once did.

And Toronto moves into 5th place after Ottawa's loss! 4th if you don't count the automatic berth to the leader of the terrible southeast division. Though Ottawa seems to have an easier schedule down this home stretch.

Either way, it's almost a guarantee (knock on wood) that the Leafs are making the playoffs this year. Had a playoff drought that started with the last lockout (and the only team to NOT have made the playoffs since), so I guess it's pretty fitting that it will end (knock on wood... again) with this year's lockout.

Luongo is still being considered, I believe. There's a possible trade I could see happening that I really wouldn't mind, though I'm not going to get into it because I don't feel like startin a debate. Let's just say it involves a guy that far too often seems like he has no competitive spark whatsoever, and it just seems like we no longer need him as much as we once did.

And Toronto moves into 5th place after Ottawa's loss! 4th if you don't count the automatic berth to the leader of the terrible southeast division. Though Ottawa seems to have an easier schedule down this home stretch.

Either way, it's almost a guarantee (knock on wood) that the Leafs are making the playoffs this year. Had a playoff drought that started with the last lockout (and the only team to NOT have made the playoffs since), so I guess it's pretty fitting that it will end (knock on wood... again) with this year's lockout.

Hmmmm.

Luongo for a player with no competitive spark and is recently expendable...

Grabovski? He has a >just okay< contract. Luongo has a >TERRIBLE< one. Vancouver must add a pick.

Back