Electrical help, budget fixes.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RachmaelBenApplebaum

Reaction score
Went to my beloved keg fridge today and found that my thermostat had died. I hadn't used any aftermarket items and just went with the original thermostat. I could easily replace it if it wasn't the weekend and I didn't live in Mayberry, where every appliance and part shop is closed on weekends. Looking at it it seems pretty simple. Have searched high and low and the only thing I can do is order a replacement or wait till monday. Anyone ever gotten really creative to maintain temps without costly dry ice? Any success using a home thermostat? I know their range is typically 50 F on the low end but would it be worth it as a quick and dirty fix?

pulled thermostat apart and didn't find anything wrong with it (shorts etc.) so I remeber that when my roommate tried to plug a loose wire back in it popped. Problem solved! breaker had tripped when it surged. Put my thermostat back together, flipped the breaker, and everything works fine.

Back