edgestar mini kegerator co2 leak

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jer822

Reaction score
set up my co2 conversion kit last night and as soon as the co2 cartridge is pierced the gas leaks from the piercing needle... anyone else have this problem??? i tried an oring on top of the cartridge but the piercing needle isnt long enough... also stuffed some paper towel town the bottom of the cylinder holder to put more pressure on the gasket but the co2 was out when i woke up this morning...

There is another thread about a lot of us having this same issue. Do a search for edgestar and it should pop up. Good luck.

Throw a dime down into the cylinder. Twist it in fast and hard, it should seal up after a big quick burst of air. Also, be sure that the receptacle itself is screwed in well, I had leaking issues due to that once.

Tried the dime trick but no luck. It's coming out of the back of the regulator. There is a little black plastic piece that I can hear it leaking out of. If I put my finger over it, it will stop.

Back