EdgeStar Kegerator Drilling Question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dogbar

Reaction score
I just purchased a new two-tap tower for my EdgeStar kegerator. Unfortunately, it's wider than the existing tower that came with my fridge.

If you've ever seen one of the EdgeStars, you know they have that weird turn-and-lock mechanism so you don't have to screw the tower into the top of it.

My question is if anyone's ever modified one of these things to accommodate a larger tower. Are there cooling lines up there? Nothing I can find online is helpful and I can't even figure out how to get the plastic top off to check. It seems glued on there.

What do you mean it worked fine (to bring this thread back to life). I got a sweet deal on an Edgestar and want to put a three inch tower in it.

So you were able to screw the tower into the plastic stop just fine? Please explain.

Thanks!

I drilled holes through the top of the kegerator and connected the new tower with long bolts. I was mostly worried about hitting a cooling line or doing something else that would wreck the fridge completely. Didn't happen, although that's no guarantee for anyone else, obviously.

The existing turn-and-lock mechanism is useless for other towers, unfortunately.

Just for the record I emailed Edge Star about the coolant lines, this was their response:

...On the top of that fridge, there are no coolant lines to worry about. (KC2000SS)...

Thank you,

David S.
Edge Star

I know this is an old post but I just bought the same fridge+dual tower setup. Just wondering what size bolts you used and did you put the bolts all the way through with the nut/washer inside the fridge or did you have to take parts off inside to hook the bolts up? Thanks in advance.

I don't honestly remember anymore if the bolts came with the tower or if I bought them, but in any event they're way too long -- they extend ~3 inches into the kegerator -- but there's plenty of space in there so I've never bothered with replacing them.

And yes, they're all the way through, with the nuts inside.

Latest posts

Back