EBrew Supply switches keep failing, other options?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

homebrewdude76

Reaction score
I have these mechanical switches for my pumps. I brew alot and use these switches alot.

They keep getting loose/worn out and have replaced once already.

I like the lighted option, so need that.

Are the push button types more robust?
Or do I just need a different brand of mechanical switch?

Attachments

• 20211231_115611.jpg
    20211231_115611.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 17
How big are your pumps?

The contact blocks on industrial pushbuttons from the same line are generally identical to the rotary switches. If you are burning out contacts you may want to consider adding a relay. Going to something like Allen Bradley may last longer but be prepared for sticker shock for "real" industrial controls!

It's not the electrical that is breaking.
It is the mechanical switch portion that is wearing out. Just from turning the knobs.

I'd think some true industrial switches would do the trick then. In the long run it will probably save you money even though the won't be cheap. You might be able to find surplus/used on Ebay and save a few bucks.

x2 on Allen Bradley switches. The last time I looked, a good used price is $25 each on eBay (although deals do pop up). But they will swap right in and will last.

I had bad results with their switches that I bought to use for a project. BUT, the switches they installed in the control panel I bought from them are holding up really well. I would reach out to EBrew Supply to see what they can do for the issue you're having. IME, reaching out to the place you get things from often nets solid results.

You could have the panel switch turn a relay/contactor coil On and Off. Any switch should be able to handle switch a coil many cycles without failure.

It will probably add cost more and consume space inside your box. So it is not a solution for everybody.

You could have the panel switch turn a relay/contactor coil On and Off. Any switch should be able to handle switch a coil many cycles without failure.

It will probably add cost more and consume space inside your box. So it is not a solution for everybody.

That wouldn't prevent the switch from breaking from the mechanical operation though.

Back