Easy Red Wine Recipe?!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jamesbsmith

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I do love red wine, but at present, it seems like I can only make it at the end of summer when there are black and elder berries on trees. Using frozen fruit turns out so expensive.

Has anyone had any success making red wine from juices? I was wondering about 3L red grape juice and 500g sugar / Imperial Gallon, but I think it comes out like a rose rather than a full bodied red? Blueberry juice drink is available, but I know drinks often make poor wine.

I have some great white wine recipes which are easily made, but I really miss my red!!!

Thanks guys!

There has been attempts at making wine with anything that you can imagine, that said, I've read a lot about folks making wine with welches grape juice, as long as you realize that it wont taste like a bottle of wine made from fresh grapes or fresh fruit, you'll be ok.
I'm sure that you can find find a ton of recipes, or you can visit the sister site to homebrewtalk, winemakingtalk, they make mostly wine kits and welches type wine over there.
I've never made it or I'd be happy to give you much more advice.

A. BJ club. B. cup sugar per quart. C Welch's farmer pick juice on sale, 62 cents/quart. D. Yeast

Back