early refrigeration

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So I have recently had a mishap with some over carbonation, not necessarily ruining, but certainly ****ing up a great batch of amber ale I brewed. See link--- https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f39/overcarbed-blues-400827/
and by the way, thanks for all the help and advice on the issue.

So these two batches of black IPA I have bottle conditioning at the moment.... I tasted them both today after 7 days of conditioning, and they both taste great and have a nearly perfect level of carbonation(possibly just slightly high). I was wondering if i should put them in the fridge to prevent them from over carbonating over the next 2 weeks. I am afraid I might have added a little too much priming sugar to these batches.

It is really important to me that this beer comes out good, and at the moment they seem to be doing ****ing amazing. If you guys have any advice/knowledge to share about the possibility of them carbonating further or not, and whether or not putting them in the fridge early could hurt their conditioning, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys!

If you think they are carbed where you want them, and think that they may overcarb over time, you should definitley pop those bad boys in the fridge and enjoy em. That way if they do start to over carbonate, it'll happen on a slower timeframe thanks to the miracle of refrigeration

YEah I mean they are definitely young and I am not quite ready to start guzzling, I just don't want them to turn into foamers!

Give them more time to condition,then into the fridge for at least a week. I've fixed minor foamers this way.

Back