dumb mistake

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

avm221

Reaction score
I brewed a doppelbock Saturday it was a all grain brew and I spaced out and over sparged. So I stopped the flow into my boil kettle when it hit 7 gal but there was about 2-3gal left in the mashton. So I ran that into another pot but at the time I didnt have a free carboy or yeast. So its siting on my kitchen floor ill reboil it and do a 60min boil for hops. Thinking of adding a few lbs of DME and some yeast. I figure I messed up by over sparging but if I can get another beer out of it I might as well try. Any other ideas of what to do with this? The doppelbock came I. A little low at 1.048 but I im sure it will be fine.

Any reason you didn't just collect it all and increase your boil time? Looks like your Doppelbock just turned into a Bock.

I did increase the boil time by an hour this is what's left over

Well I took the 3 gal added 2lbs of dme and used chinook and nothern brewer hops then pitched Nottingham yeast. Not sure how it will be but figured this might work.

yes i have one of them in the keg right now and they end up turning out good, you just never know what really your making, but thats ok

well the left over i got into the keg dry hopped it with chinook and it turned out good.

Latest posts

Back