• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Other Dual Scale Refractometer $20.98 shipped

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I ordered one. Was in the mail box in 3 days. Have not had a chance to try it yet. Thanks for the hook up :)

Ordered mine too, just waiting for it to be delivered. Thanks!

What's the word on it? Any good?

Sent from my SGH-T769 using Home Brew mobile app

A dual scale will only cause trouble for users that use the SG side of the scale. So why bother to include it. I highly recommend a single scale Brix instead. Or at least never look at the SG side for any reading.

I've never had trouble with my dual scale. The only time there is a difference between brix and sg is when you get into higher gravities

24% price increase with the shipping, thread title change to Dual Scale Refractometer $25.97 shipped

I'm looking for a refractometer to measure my pre boil OG and don't want to use my hydrometer on wort that's close to 170 degrees. Would I be able to get an accurate gravity reading with this?

What I'd like to do is use an eye dropper to get some of the wort before I turn the burner on to bring it up to a boil. That way I can dial in my OG right away with another sparge or some DME.

Shows ATC (Automatic Temperature Correction), so I would say yes

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Home Brew mobile app

Latest posts

Back