dual regulator with one keg?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cbzdel

Reaction score
New to the kegging systems, actually homebrew in general, but I am not interested in bottling so I picked up this system from Midwest supply.
brew-logic-dual-tap-draft-system-with-reconditioned-co2-tank.jpg

Now with the kit as is, how do I work it if I only want to use one keg? Just turn the unused regulator as low as possible, and then the ball lock fitting can withstand the pressure without being hooked up?

Just want to make sure I can use just one keg until my second brew is ready to go. Or do I need to go but a on/off valve and stick it on one of the regulators, so I can shutoff one side at any time?

the ball lock fitting will hold back serving pressure no problem. No worries.

Great, thanks! Figured better ask before rather than just hope my tank is not empty tomorrow haha!

It is beyond me why Midwest sells that regulator with backflow-preventing check valves (good!) but no shut-off valves (bad!) on the reg outputs.

While a disconnected QD shouldn't leak, I would add shut-offs as they're inexpensive and can be handy...

Cheers!

Latest posts

Back