DryWall Question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

buckrogers71

Reaction score
My wife has me doing some work in the house. So I have a hallway w/ some crazy angles. Needless to say I take all my measurements and make my cuts (pretty well I might add) then I discover that I didnt transfer them to the other opposite way (if that makes sense).

So now I have the brown side out and the white side in towards the studs.

What effect will that have? What can I do to rectify it?

I thought of using sizing before I prime and paint.

Help!

While I make no claims to be an expert, I have hung a bit of drywall in my day. Researching the question though, drywallhowto.com indicates:

Before you begin, realize that sheets of drywall may be placed on the wall vertically, horizontally and, if you make a mistake, even backwards.

So I'd say go for it. :)

etp777 said:
While I make no claims to be an expert, I have hung a bit of drywall in my day. Researching the question though, drywallhowto.com indicates:

Before you begin, realize that sheets of drywall may be placed on the wall vertically, horizontally and, if you make a mistake, even backwards.

So I'd say go for it. :)

Thanks ETP! Oh I went for it and its done! I just wasnt sure it I had to go over it w/ 3/8" now.

I just wonder if there are any special tips I should know about before mudding and taping:(

I went on to their mudding page, and there was no special instructions for backward sheets. I figure they would have it if you had to do anyting special. So I'd say go ahead and mud/plaster/whatever you want to call it :) the sheet as normal.

Only caveat I'd say is that if you don't mud the whole sheet, jsut do taping and the screwholes, you're probably going to need a bit of extra primer. Suspect the brown side sucks up more primer than the "proper" side. Just a guess though, and not a problem as long as you plan for it.

etp777 said:
I went on to their mudding page, and there was no special instructions for backward sheets. I figure they would have it if you had to do anyting special. So I'd say go ahead and mud/plaster/whatever you want to call it :) the sheet as normal.

Only caveat I'd say is that if you don't mud the whole sheet, jsut do taping and the screwholes, you're probably going to need a bit of extra primer. Suspect the brown side sucks up more primer than the "proper" side. Just a guess though, and not a problem as long as you plan for it.

Yeah I was thinking minimum 2 coats of primer.

Thanks again!

Latest posts

Back