Dry Lutra

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Teufelhunde

Reaction score
Did an IPA this morning and pitched a pack of dried Lutra. I pitched at 83 degrees and set my temp control in the chamber for 85. 4 hours after pitch, 1" of krausen, a bubble in the bubbler every half second or so, and the fermenter looks live a big lava lamp with all the movement going on. Methinks this one is gonna be done quickly....

I've been using dry Lutra in my house Blonde for a few batches, and I'm absolutely in love with it. Done with primary in 3 days, I usually ferment it about 80°. After krausen drops I take it down to 68° for another day or three, depending on what I have going on, then crash. Have not noticed any off flavors, just get a crisp clean ale out of it. Also clears out fairly well even without finings. And the slurry repitches perfectly.

Did an IPA this morning and pitched a pack of dried Lutra. I pitched at 83 degrees and set my temp control in the chamber for 85. 4 hours after pitch, 1" of krausen, a bubble in the bubbler every half second or so, and the fermenter looks live a big lava lamp with all the movement going on. Methinks this one is gonna be done quickly....

Be sure to post back how it turned out. I have been curious about using Lutra in something like and IPA.

Just keeping this updated. FG reached in less than 72 hours. Actually fermented out a bit lower than expected. Expected was 1.011 actual final 1.008. I have removed to room temp (around 72 average over a 24 hour period) to clean up/clear/dry hop. I will try to remember to update once it is drinkable....

YMMV

Lon

Back