Dry Hopping Suggestions for my beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Abrewba

Reaction score
Session IPA hopped with citra for bittering, flavoring, and aroma... Hopped with galaxy for flavoring and aroma...

I am planning on dry hopping... Any suggestions? More citra? Cascade?

Also, any drawbacks to dry hopping with pellet hops?

I :

1) dry hop with pellets in a sanitzed nylon bag quite often.
2) very much enjoy cascade for dry hopping. ymmv.

Centennial, Simcoe and Amarillo come immediately to mind. Columbus, Chinook and Nelson Sauvin have also been mentioned by some, as they offer a piney-dank counterpoint to the tropical fruit flavors of Citra.

Not only is there no drawback to using pellets for dry hopping, they have the advantage of consistency, being easier to work with and absorbing less beer than fresh hops...

Awesome... When using pellets... Recommended amount... I know it's preference but I don't want to put too little or go too crazy...

Awesome... When using pellets... Recommended amount... I know it's preference but I don't want to put too little or go too crazy...

5 gallon batch? 3 oz minimum is what I do, but I've also put as much as 6 oz in depending on the style. Just gotta play with it and find out what works for you. Start with 3oz this batch and go up or down on your future batches.

Back