Dry Hop on day 3

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

frozengator

Reaction score
Ok, recipe calls for a dose of hops on 3rd day of fermentation. I always thought that was a waste of hops. ??? Any input on this?

I just did it recently. Day 2 of fermentation thru day 5 . Then dry hopped day 5-9

Have you tried your beer yet?

I did this too on my last beer (two weeks or so ago). I’ve tried an early botttled sample and it’s certainly got plenty of nose.

Have you tried your beer yet?

I did this too on my last beer (two weeks or so ago). I’ve tried an early botttled sample and it’s certainly got plenty of nose.

Yes turned out pretty good . Think of going a little lower of temp on whirlpool. Was 170-175* . Next time gonna try 155*. Has a really juicy scent and juicy flavor . A tad bitter but lower WP temp should bring it down a bit more. It actually is a dbl hazy NEIPA. I could cut have the hops out to see how that turns out.

Had a little mess after dry hopping today. Not a lot of head space and it clogged my blow off tube. Oh well it is still bubbling

Back