Dry hop IPA for 5 days?, or 7?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Davevjordon

Reaction score
I have 7 days left of fermentation and have been on the fence about dry hopping for 5 days or 7. Five gallon batch, fermenting for two weeks, no secondary. I plan to dry hop with 2 oz Simcoe.
What differences have you noticed between dry hopping 5 and 7 days?, or between dry hopping the full two weeks and anything less?

I typically dry hop for 3 days for a regular IPA, maybe 5 at the most. I’ve read some people say if you let it go to long it can a grassy, vegetable flavor. I normally do 3 oz.

I typically dry hop for 3 days for a regular IPA, maybe 5 at the most. I’ve read some people say if you let it go to long it can a grassy, vegetable flavor. I normally do 3 oz.

There are a lot of variables like kind of hop and the minerals in the water for a couple but I've let one batch dry hop for 14 days and it came out good. YMMV

Latest posts

Back