Drunken experiment.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

m3n00b

Reaction score
I had 2 gallons of costco apple juice and a pack of Windsor. I dumped all of it into one of my old Mr beer kegs Saturday night. Forgot I had done this. This morning I opened my 70f ferm chamber and saw the temp was 75 on the lbk and it smelled of nasty yeast. How will this come out? Temp was way too high

If it smells sulfuric, stir it up to see if that will get rid of some of the suspended Sulfur gas. It may be gone, but alot of ciders makers say they have abnormally smelling brews that turn out ok. I brew mine in the basement, so typically at worse it never goes over 70.

It'll be fine. I made my first apfelwein with Windsor yeast in 68 ambient air. Turned out delicious. Of course you should let it sit 2 months or so in the fermenter to clear, bottle, and try your best not to drink any for 6 months.

Took a gravity sample today after a week. Down to 1.006/6.4% and tastes like Dom parignon! Awesome! I'll probably let it sit for another week then cold crash for another and bottle it. Then let it sit. I don't want to let it sit in plastic for months.

Latest posts

Back