Drip tray in tile question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HausBrauerei_Harvey

Reaction score
I'm slowly building out a two-tap mini fridge as a second serving setup for a room off my deck (far from my keezer). I'm planning on a building a two-tap tower from black pipe. I'm a skilled woodworker so I am thinking i'll making a wooden 'top' to set onto the top of the mini fridge to anchor the black pipe too, and that top will also get tiled for a nice look.

The question I am struggling with is the drip tray, should I grout the drip tray base right into the tile, so when I clean it I have to bring in a wet rag and bucket, or should I make the tile grout a bit loose there so I can pull the whole drip tray out to take the sink once in a while. my only concern with this is it leavs a space for beer to spill under the drip tray base which might not be good. I'm thinking grouting it right in would be best.

Also, are there cooling coils in the top of a mini fridge? I'm considering screwing the top to the fridge by screwing up from the top of the fridge into the wood tile base. I got the fridge used and the previous owner put some small holes in the top for his lines (yes the fridge still works).

Thanks for the advice all.

Back