Drank over a gallon of beer yesterday.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Germelli1

Reaction score
At Blacksburgs craft beer festival. There were 29 craft berwers there and most of them were local. I officially bought 20 4 oz. tastings, but between hitting on beer pourers and connecting with brewmasters I ended up in the 130 oz range haha.

My personal favorites of the day was:

Legend Brewery's Oktoberfest was the best I have had both in personal taste and stylistically
Foothill's Oktoberfest
BBC's Bourbon Barrel Stout was incredible.
Devil's Backbone had a fantastic Vienna Lager
Highland brewery had 4 amazing beers on tap, and I have never had a beer from them that wasn't phenomenal.
Wolf Hills Brewery had an amazing Shwarzbier, as well as a double IPA.
St. Georges brewery, I remember loving, but it was late in the day and my memory is not to sharp at that point. I think it was their Double pilsner that I loved!

Beers I didn't think were very good:
Everything from Blue lab brewery. Just every one of their beers had at least 1 in your face flaw.
I was not too impressed with Brooklyn Brewery. The Beers were not bad, just none of them were great!
Pretty much anything from our local brew pub is not very good haha.

My favorite part of the festival was talking to the head brewer at Wolf Creek. We were talking about his double IPA recipe and which hops he used. Upon asking his hope schedule he replied, "Chinook and Centenial continuously from 60-30, then we add galexa, and cascade into the hopping, then for the last few minutes we add in Mt. Hood. Also at flameout I throw in a bag containing whatever my dad grew this year."

I did that at my 31st birthday at Radegast Hall in Brooklyn. I started out with Oktoberfests in 1L mugs. After 4, I switched to Palm out of regular tulip glasses. I don't think I left my bed the whole next day. Things were definitely different before my daughter came!

I'm a Hokie (2002) and i'm so jealous that you've got a beer festival now! You mentioned the local brew pub, is there one in Blacksburg now? Where is it?

I'm a Hokie (2002) and i'm so jealous that you've got a beer festival now! You mentioned the local brew pub, is there one in Blacksburg now? Where is it?

Yep, we have "Bull and Bones" located at a new shopping center just south of town on main street (between 460 exit and the kroger). The shopping center is call "First and Main" and was completed not too long ago (few years).

Bull and Bones has AMAZING food, but the only beer I have really loved there was thier summer seasonal (Altbier)

Latest posts

Back