Double IPA ???

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GuyBob

Reaction score
Brewed a brewer best dble IPA a little over week ago. Got it in the fermenter at 70 and bubbling every 30 sec or so. Been 9 days! I'm noticing the krausen has totally gone down and there is little islands of bubbles and dried looking stuff. Might be hops or yeast left over on top??? Not sure. I'm concerned it might be infection. Oh boy!! Can't bottle this weekend. It will be in for over two weeks by then. OG was 1.074. Haven't taken a gravity reading since. Should i leave on yeast cake? had 6 oz of hops added at boil. Any tips? Thanks.

image-3600071260.jpg

image-2007237653.jpg

image-887365831.jpg

Not sure why you think it's infected looks good to me. I would leave it in primary at the very least another week. Leaving it on the yeast cake is not an issue.

Looks perfectly normal to me as well. Forget about the "bubbling' as it means little more than CO2 release which is also perfectly normal. If you want to determine if fermentation is complete use your hydrometer. If the reading is the same for three days running (and close to your expected FG) then primary fermentation is essentially complete. Though I would allow a handful of days more for the yeast to have time to clean up any mess they may have left.

Looks perfectly fine to me. I would let it sit in the primary for at least 2 weeks and then grav check it. if it looks clear and stable rack it and dry hop it

It's good hear. I don't know what id do without you and this site. Less beer probably. Thanks for the feedback.

Latest posts

Back