Double fermented!?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Agkistrodon87

Reaction score
I have been a long time reader, but have finally joined HBT. I would like to say thank you to everyone who has contributed to the wealth of knowledge and inspiration at HBT.
Okay to the point. A co-worker wants me to brew a birthday present for his brother who wants a double fermented pale ale. I haven't had much luck uncovering the process to double ferment. So does anyone have any tips? As ell what do you think the odds are that he is referring to something like an imperial or double ipa?

I would put money on he wants a double IPA and just not sure what he is asking for, or he is thinking of an abbey dubbel which is not a pale ale at all really.

I'd ask him to give you some beers that fit this style he's looking for. It could mean this guy thinks a pale ale has to be fermented and then put into a secondary fermentation vessle, or like pannell said, he could have meant a IIPA.

Thanks pannell and sweed. My guess is he's not sure what he is talking about. His brother, my co-worker, said to just do whatever. It is homebrew after all, I myself would love that birthday present.

Latest posts

Back