Doppelbock - FG?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

periwinkle1239

Reaction score
Here's my grain recipe from NB.
-- 8 lbs. German Munich malt
-- 5 lbs. German Vienna
-- 2.5 lbs. German Dark Munich malt
-- 0.5 lbs. Weyermann Caramunich II

Made a large gallon starter, OG was 1.080 (slightly shy of NB's target of 1.083. It's been 9 days, fermenting at 50 degrees, the gravity is 1.044 and airlock is still bubbling steady, the krausen hasn't fallen.

I did a decoction. I did a modified double-decoct and hit my temps pretty close (I can provide more details if needed). What do you think I should expect for a FG?

I plan on doing a diacetyl rest (if needed) and I'm thinking about doing so in the next couple days depending on what sort of FG I'm looking for.

Depending on the mash temps and the yeast strain, you should probably get whatever NB's instructions said you should. But if you used a yeast strain that gets 67% or so (common in lager yeast), you should get +/- 1.025 or so.

Depending on the mash temps and the yeast strain, you should probably get whatever NB's instructions said you should. But if you used a yeast strain that gets 67% or so (common in lager yeast), you should get +/- 1.025 or so.

Believe it or not, NB does not list expected FG's. (It kind of bugs me)

I used their recommended 2206 bavarian lager yeast...

But I was thinking I should end up around the mid 20's. Thanks for the reply Yooper!

Latest posts

Back