Dogs

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's her come chase me look!

image-4277950124.jpg

Dog sitting the in-laws pooch. Might as well put him to good us on a brew day!

He was happy to help weight out hops

image-2251710506.jpg

HoppyDaze said:
All four pets

Wow! You trained the one on the couch well. It can sit upright and eat with its hands from a plate. :p

Maybe this is for another thread, but ever notice that if you call a person a mutt it is fightin words, but to call them a pedigree or a pure-bred (words also intended to demonstrate the parentage of animals) all is well?

Shouldnt calling someone a pedigree of a pure-bred connotate "someone from a very limited gene pool and likely to be either inbred or susceptable to degenerative diseases and thus a shorter lifespan?"

i'm not convinced of your choices in companionship, but gawdamn i like your sense of humor!

awww... that's my Goombah. only 5 years old when we had to put him down due to kidney failure

he was the sweetest dog in the world and I miss him every day

not a "mix" or a "mutt", but a hybrid... i like it.

I think of a Mutt as unintentional and/or unknown as the the breeding. A hybrid is more than likely only two purebreds of known origins and family history, intentionally bred to produce a specific type of dog.

IIRC we also climbed about 1500 feet on the hike as well (and there were two spots I had to pick her up and lift her onto a boulder to continue.) It was a good workout.

sonofgrok said:
Ah, a REAL german shepherd. Schutzhund?

Yep. That was about a year ago when she was 1.

Funny that you say "real" because I have to explain to most people that A) she is not a mix (no, she is not part wolf) and B) yes, she is a real GSD and that was the color of the originals GSD's.

She has her BH and Endurance Test and hope to take the IPO 1 (Formally SchH 1) test this summer/fall.

Here is my boy (a complete couch potato but probably one of the sweetest dogs ever)

image-261198592.jpg

Funny that you say "real" because I have to explain to most people that A) she is not a mix (no, she is not part wolf) and B) yes, she is a real GSD and that was the color of the originals GSD's.

I only know because we used to breed them. Most people associate GSDs only with American Shepherds. My 14 year old Ozi is a traditional. Best thing about them is that you don't have to watch them go through all the hip problems american shepherds have.

sonofgrok said:
I only know because we used to breed them. Most people associate GSDs only with American Shepherds. My 14 year old Ozi is a traditional. Best thing about them is that you don't have to watch them go through all the hip problems american shepherds have.

Their hip problems are horrible, aren't they? People don't realize that when they are bred to have those tiny back legs, that it causes some serious health issues.

If you ever see one if these guys, just run. He's a German Hunting Terrier and what a D!CK

image-348437203.jpg

And here is the traditional german shepherd I was talking about. Because of his coloring people immediately jump to wolf although he looks nothing like one!

1111111246_resized.jpg

sonofgrok said:
That looks a lot like my egon. I think he is a Shepherd/rottwieller mix though although the coloring is spot on...

It is.
Nicko, our little guy, is like a Min Pin but weighs about 25lbs and is straight muscle.

sonofgrok said:
And here is the traditional german shepherd I was talking about. Because of his coloring people immediately jump to wolf although he looks nothing like one!

Oooohhhh. Sweet old man.

Back