Dogs

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
although animals do what they do and I'm fine with it, I'm okay if photos of the carnage weren't posted. .
I watched one of our stray cats we feed walk off with half of a squirrel. Where did the other half go? Who has the other half? Did someone mention going Dutch? Who split the squirrel in two?

although animals do what they do and I'm fine with it, I'm okay if photos of the carnage weren't posted. .
I watched one of our stray cats we feed walk off with half of a squirrel. Where did the other half go? Who has the other half? Did someone mention going Dutch? Who split the squirrel in two?
I agree! No more of that.

I agree! No more of that.
It's a funny thing, isn't it? All the natural and needed violence that causes survival to continue. The reality is, it isn't G rated.
I appreciate your patience and understanding for a different view.
Honestly though, if everyone's okay with it, I can just look away. It doesn't kill me but it is stark and unusual. I don't mind being a minority. I'd be a horrible farmer by the way--I'd name them all and never give them up (and go broke).
My brother had a blast telling me how his pup hunted and obliterated a nest of bunnies. I didn't get the same proud feeling.
What a topic, eh?
Cheers.
Again, appreciate it.

Hamilton (Hammy/Hammer/Hambone/Boney/Boner/etc.)
and
Rockford (Rocky/Rocker/Rocco/George/etc.)

7FD968B0-F7AF-464C-85A9-94EA2C6A798F.jpeg

looking back at my post #4972 Rusty looked so much better just 2 months ago. He’s been on some pain med since may. It’s really helped him eat and move around better.
I Thought it was odd that a Vizsla would decline so fast at only 14.5. He’s been dropping weight since February. He has been in n bad shape last couple days His belly felt firm and fuller than it should -so went to vet for 3rd visit this year today. Got X-rays and found he has a huge mass, likely cancer in abdomen. I’m heartbroken. Probably just a couple days before I have to do something. He’s been my baby and brew buddy since my first batch. Some happy pics including birthday cake in the kitchen

Attachments

• FE70AC71-CFD5-4D22-8285-A0ECFA5F7923.jpeg
    FE70AC71-CFD5-4D22-8285-A0ECFA5F7923.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
  • F40D1972-15EC-42DD-A5C6-174F4B7D37DB.jpeg
    F40D1972-15EC-42DD-A5C6-174F4B7D37DB.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
  • 5241DA6B-330A-4BC3-90EA-10C589053C39.jpeg
    5241DA6B-330A-4BC3-90EA-10C589053C39.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 0
  • 328A83F4-5E66-47DE-B692-66204DA6C3BB.jpeg
    328A83F4-5E66-47DE-B692-66204DA6C3BB.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
looking back at my post #4972 Rusty looked so much better just 2 months ago. He’s been on some pain med since may. It’s really helped him eat and move around better.
I Thought it was odd that a Vizsla would decline so fast at only 14.5. He’s been dropping weight since February. He has been in n bad shape last couple days His belly felt firm and fuller than it should -so went to vet for 3rd visit this year today. Got X-rays and found he has a huge mass, likely cancer in abdomen. I’m heartbroken. Probably just a couple days before I have to do something. He’s been my baby and brew buddy since my first batch. Some happy pics including birthday cake in the kitchen

Been there. Good luck with that, it's heart-wrenching for a couple of weeks. Those vizsla are such great companions.

Thanks for the thoughts. My baby Rusty died today only two days after the vet visit. I’m Heartbroken
When an awesome dog dies, I think of this song. I saw this guy in concert, and he explained that Shannon was a dog belonging to the Beach Boys' Carl Wilson. Singer was friends with the beach boys. Shannon died at the beach, drowned. Greatly affected all of them.

My wife showed me a video last night of a man jumping into a pond to rescue his pup from a medium size gator... it was already underwater when he jumped in and wrestled it from the gators jaws. SCARY!

I have a Brittany (also Daisy), she loves to poke her nose at anything in the yard. Just a couple weeks ago she was greeting a opossum that was on the fence. The critter did not know what to think when she stuck her nose on its behind 🤣

photo below was after the ball rolled away from her, this dog can give some serious side-eye and disapproving looks.

View attachment 773639
Looks like my late Clairabelle. After years I was able to get another Brittany, Porter

Attachments

• 176E7DD0-2E1F-416D-AA77-EED134953483.jpeg
    176E7DD0-2E1F-416D-AA77-EED134953483.jpeg
    49.1 KB · Views: 0
  • 8817697D-6833-455A-A8EA-197F803F488B.jpeg
    8817697D-6833-455A-A8EA-197F803F488B.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
Had to say goodbye to one of my brew-pups. She was 15 and was always around on brew day ready for a spoonful of warm, sweet mash to lap up and clean up any grains that I spilled when milling. Decoction mashes we’re her favorite since there was always a mess to clean up. Here she is on her last brew day. Rest easy ole’ girl.

Attachments

• 214D4578-4D77-4579-B693-32E5E9625CE0.jpeg
    214D4578-4D77-4579-B693-32E5E9625CE0.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
Had to say goodbye to one of my brew-pups. She was 15 and was always around on brew day ready for a spoonful of warm, sweet mash to lap up and clean up any grains that I spilled when milling. Decoction mashes we’re her favorite since there was always a mess to clean up. Here she is on her last brew day. Rest easy ole’ girl.
Ours wolfed down half a bag of spent grains once. She crapped 'breakfast bars' for a week.

Sorry to hear that. Its rough. Looks like a great brew pup there

very sorry about your puppy.

said goodbye to our 14yo beagle this past November. muh bubba brew buddy

my heart breaks for yours

1049.jpg

When an awesome dog dies, I think of this song. I saw this guy in concert, and he explained that Shannon was a dog belonging to the Beach Boys' Carl Wilson. Singer was friends with the beach boys. Shannon died at the beach, drowned. Greatly affected all of them.

I heard that song the first time when I was about 12, and have remembered it ever since. Makes me bawl every time I hear it.

Here is our rescue girl Shelby; also known as Brewdog. I have an old recliner in the garage, where I sit to update notes, read HBT, smoke, play games, and just have me-time. On brew days I'll tell her we're brewing, and after breakfast she immediately gets herself settled in the chair, leaving just enough room for my fat butt. To the best of the shelter's knowledge, she's a german shepherd/pit bull cross; very protective of the house, absolutely adores her older sister lab/pit bull cross, and has to be next to me at all times. Love this girl.

20220917_093405[1].jpg

what's the white meat/dark meat situation on those birds?

they look a little more substantial than your average fryer hen

Back