does stone sell enjoy by kegs?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChuBru

Reaction score
Can any cali folks tell me if stone sells their enjoy by beer by the keg? My uncle is throwing a party soon up in humboldt county and left me in charge of the brew..What are some amazing legendary cali ipa's i can get in kegs? How about blind pig? does that come in kegs or how about Pliny? thank you

I would call Stone just to ask. I'm not sure I've seen a keg being served outside a bottle shop (on tap) or bar.

I was e-mailing Stone a couple months ago about a different thing, and the guy there did tell me that they are planning to release sixtels of Enjoy By to consumers. Not sure if they did it for 4.20.2014 (if they did, those are probably gone) and also I am pretty sure you would have to go to the Stone company store to get one - they probably won't distribute it at least for a while. So I would be surprised if you could get it in Humboldt.

You should be able to get Pliny or Blind Pig in a 1/6 bbl if you have a good keg shop around. You should call ahead a week or two in case they need to order it. Also look for Sculpin (Ballast Point), Saint Archer IPA or Double IPA (Saint Archer), Union Jack/Double Jack (Firestone Walker) - those three should be relatively easy to get.

Good luck on getting any of those kegs. Unless you're having sex with a distributor... :p

Try something from Bear Republic. Closer to Humboldt, probably better available selection.

Try something from Bear Republic. Closer to Humboldt, probably better available selection.

Dude, Bear Republic and Russian River are like 20 miles from each other :) I guess technically Bear Republic is closer to Humboldt, but not by much.

Pliny is often hard to find in bottles but if you have a good keg shop it's usually not that hard to get a keg (at least that is my experience in Southern CA, roughly same distance from RR).

Yes, they do offer kegs of these. We had a 1/6 here in our Growler store of the latest batch 4-20-14 and also had a 1/2 keg last year of the 5-17-13.

Yes, they do offer kegs of these. We had a 1/6 here in our Growler store of the latest batch 4-20-14 and also had a 1/2 keg last year of the 5-17-13.

Tap rooms and restaurants have always been able to get Enjoy By. I think only in the last couple of months have they announced that they will sell kegs of it directly to consumers (and only from the company store as far as I know)

Dude, Bear Republic and Russian River are like 20 miles from each other :) I guess technically Bear Republic is closer to Humboldt, but not by much.

Pliny is often hard to find in bottles but if you have a good keg shop it's usually not that hard to get a keg (at least that is my experience in Southern CA, roughly same distance from RR).

(Edited out the snarkiness. It wasn't personal, just my sense of humour. :mug:)

I was mostly just suggesting something he could actually get, rather then ghost beers. Was surprised to see someone say he had a keg of enjoy by in Georgia, but I've only seen it on tap here in Santa Barbara (socal market) once. If there were kegs of this offered to consumers here, it'd be gone before you could call the distributor.

Edit: upon rereading I see the keg in Georgia was at a retail tap room, not a private purchase...

Latest posts

Back