Does anyone know any good books on distilling whisky?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ProfessorWoland

Reaction score
A friends stepdad is wanting to start distilling his own whisky.

Can anyone recommend any good books on the subject?

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

first....distilling for beverage is illegal, and the ATF is vicious.
But, with the proper permit, one can distill for alcolol for other purposes.
(yeah, I know you're from Scotland....just saying this for the benefit of others)

great info on this website http://homedistiller.org/forum/

good luck !

Sorry, I should have stated that only provide information if it is legal for the poster to do so! I forgot about that!

No one break any laws please :)

Those who can post, thanks for the info.

oops, you were asking about books. Somewhere in that website there is a post or forum on books or other resource materrial. May take some searching.... Why ask a brewer when you can get the best info from shiners.

Thanks. I forgot it was super illegal in the US! I thought some of you guys my distill spirits.

Again, please don't say you do if it is illegal in your state, territory, or country!

Google the Internet. I *think* thepiratebay may have some downloadable ebooks. There should be plenty to be found in libraries too.

Unfortunately, since it IS illegal here, there won't be much more to offer. The site listed previously probably has some of the best information, but they are kind of *****ey over there. Make sure to read all of their threads before asking any questions. or else...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back