Do I need to worry about allergens/pollens when I am going to bottle?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dskadberg

Reaction score
So I have been to busy to bottle my American Pale Ale which is in my 2ndary fermentor, and has been fermenting for a total time of 3 weeks and has reached its desired final gravity already. I am finally free to bottle but I live in Austin, TX and we are currently having highs of mold. If I continue to bottle, would that affect it in any way? I would assume so, but I realize it may not survive in the alcohol. I may just end up waiting til the mold settles down. I just get tired of waiting... any advice is appreciated!

Thanks yall!

Unless you're going to bottle outside on a windy day under a cedar tree, I wouldn't worry about it. Just hit each bottle with StarSan right before bottling. If you plan to bottle much, a Vinator is worth buying as is a bench capper.

My third year in Austin, I developed enough of a sensitivity to the cedar pollen to understand what folks were talking about when they mentioned "cedar fever". Yuk.:drunk:

Yeah...I've had cedar fever before and it's no fun. I'll just be in my kitchen when bottling. Got a new moderate quality air filter on top of that. I always sanitize, then bottle immediately.
Thanks for the advice. Gonna bottle tomorrow!

Cheers

The mold cannot grow in the beer. Nothing to worry about. If you are still worries, put a lid on top of the bottling bucket (a good idea anyways).

Yup, bottled yesterday, put a lid on top, not air tight or anything but covering the whole bucket. I appreciate the advice!

Happy brewing!

Back