Do i need special bottles for a saison?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WhiteDog87

Reaction score
I was thinking of brewing a saison or belgian golden strong ale, but both call for 3-4 volumes of carbonation. Do i need special bottles to handle the extra pressure? Or can an average beer bottle handle that sort of pressure?

I was thinking of brewing a saison or belgian golden strong ale, but both call for 3-4 volumes of carbonation. Do i need special bottles to handle the extra pressure? Or can an average beer bottle handle that sort of pressure?

Hi

That's a pretty typical carb level for a saison. I've never noticed anything odd about the commercial bottles they sell them in. They seem to use a perfectly normal bottle.

Bob

Commercial saisons carbed to the 4 volume range come in champagne-style bottles (and American versions are almost always undercarbed) . As long as you stick to 3 volumes you're good to use regular bottles.

Back