DIY conical fermenter question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IBEWJamie

Reaction score
I am at that point where I am ready for a conical fermenter. I am sick of carrying full carboys up and down the stairs, trying to get them clean and cleaning everything to rack the beer. I want a conical and can not afford to buy a stainless steel one. I was thinking of the plastic full drain tanks but I wanted to see if anyone has had much success with these tanks and if there was any suggestions. Im sure there are a few threads on this but my computer is slow and I didnt see anything towards the top of the DIY forum. Thanks for reading!!!

Do a google search for it. And lots of good ones will pop up. The HBT search engine sucks ballz for some reason.

that is an awesome design!!!!! I will still have a stair trip but I have a stand/cart idea I was going to build that should make the stairs much more pleasant. I came close to dropping my last batch and that wasn't a fun experiance .

Back