DIY c02 manifold

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigpapa7272

Reaction score
I was in my local harbor freight store yesterday. They had shutoffs to build a DIY co2 manifold didnt see any of the blocks to do it. does Harbor freight still carry them? When I asked the wonderful store clerk if he had any ( i even showed him a picture from a previous post) and the best response he could come up with is " if its not over there we dont have it." Does anyone have a part number for the blocks? Also does anyone else other than mcmaster carr carry them?

I picked up a distro block from them mid-last year but haven't seen them in my local store since then. I think you're SOL as far as Harbor Freight is concerned.

I do see that Northern Tool has a few online...

I checked the HF close to me recently as well, and am also sad to report that they do not carry the small manifolds any longer.

do they carry any manifolds? why carry every other part to be used in the manifold if your not gonna carry the manifold?

do they carry any manifolds? why carry every other part to be used in the manifold if your not gonna carry the manifold?

They had a number of useful parts, like 1/4" barb to pipe thread fittings and unions. As far as manifolds go I only saw one of those 3 ways that are designed to work with the quick disconnects (which don't work well with eccentric pressure).

I did pick up a very inexpensive (~$10) and lengthy, albeit coiled high pressure gas line to give myself some flexibility from my primary regulator though.

Does grainger carry any manifolds??? Any other suggestions I already looked in homedepot and lowes

Try harbor freight .com. If not I got my 3-way from keg cowboy. Good price.

Harbor Freight's online selection was even more limited than what was in store by the time I was looking (last week).

I picked up a distro block from them mid-last year but haven't seen them in my local store since then. I think you're SOL as far as Harbor Freight is concerned.

I do see that Northern Tool has a few online...

Northern Tool is right around the corner from where I work! I can't believe I didn't think to check them when I was shopping around. I just bought a 5 way manifold for ~$10. That coupled with the very inexpensive valves and threaded fittings at harbor freight, I'll have exactly what I was looking for in a reasonable budget.

Thanks for the thread, bigpapa!

I guess I could go try the true value hardware store about 20 minutes away maybe I will get lucky there

DrDarwin said:
Northern Tool is right around the corner from where I work! I can't believe I didn't think to check them when I was shopping around. I just bought a 5 way manifold for ~$10. That coupled with the very inexpensive valves and threaded fittings at harbor freight, I'll have exactly what I was looking for in a reasonable budget.

Do you have part numbers for the valves and fittings you got from HF? also do you have the PN for the manifold?

Do you have part numbers for the valves and fittings you got from HF? also do you have the PN for the manifold?

The manifold was item # 159133 on the Northern Tool website. It was pretty easy to find if you just search for "manifold." I grabbed a 5 way that's a very similar blue to what HF used to have.

I don't have the part numbers from HF, but I just picked up barbed fittings with 1/4" male pipe thread (to match the 1/4" outlets on the NT manifold), a 1/4" coiled air hose, a 3/8" female to 1/4" male coupler (since the manifold is 3/8" in and came with a 3/8" male to 3/8" male coupler).

I also had a check valve lying around which I use on my regulator side to make sure a terrible beer accident doesn't kill my regulator. I don't protect the individual gas lines to each beer though...

I think I had some 1/4" ball valves laying around as well (also available at HF), but they aren't really necessary if you're using ball or pin lock quick disconnects.

EDIT: Teflon tape... don't forget Teflon tape.

The manifold was item # 159133 on the Northern Tool website. It was pretty easy to find if you just search for "manifold." I grabbed a 5 way that's a very similar blue to what HF used to have.

I don't have the part numbers from HF, but I just picked up barbed fittings with 1/4" male pipe thread (to match the 1/4" outlets on the NT manifold), a 1/4" coiled air hose, a 3/8" female to 1/4" male coupler (since the manifold is 3/8" in and came with a 3/8" male to 3/8" male coupler).

I also had a check valve lying around which I use on my regulator side to make sure a terrible beer accident doesn't kill my regulator. I don't protect the individual gas lines to each beer though...

I think I had some 1/4" ball valves laying around as well (also available at HF), but they aren't really necessary if you're using ball or pin lock quick disconnects.

EDIT: Teflon tape... don't forget Teflon tape.

Thanks a ton for the help! I've got a Northern Industrial nearby so I'm definitely going to pick up one or two of these manifolds. Do you think you could post a picture of your finished manifold so I know what sort of barb fittings I need to look for? Thanks a ton!

Back