Distilling

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beerwildered

Finding my way to beer heaven
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I’m considering the possibility that we might be in quarantine for a while, and the likelihood that I might need to up my game a bit by distilling my own, uh, vinegar for use in, uh, pickling.

does anyone here have a home still for, uh, vinegar, that you love??

The StillSpirits Turbo 500 is a nice, basic, simple to use unit for a beginner (that hasn't fallen into the rabbit hole yet.) Pretty much plug 'n play for up to about 6 gal of wash. You can get it with a reflux column that will put out 90%+ if you want to make white "vinegar". You can also get an alembic dome w/condenser that will give you more flavorful cider "vinegar."

Brew on :mug:

The StillSpirits Turbo 500 is a nice, basic, simple to use unit for a beginner (that hasn't fallen into the rabbit hole yet.) Pretty much plug 'n play for up to about 6 gal of wash. You can get it with a reflux column that will put out 90%+ if you want to make white "vinegar". You can also get an alembic dome w/condenser that will give you more flavorful cider "vinegar."

This is the one I believe my wife's uncle has . Swears by it .

This is the one I believe my wife's uncle has . Swears by it .
Yes. "Someone I know" has one with both the reflux column and alembic dome options. They don't feel a need for anything beyond that.

You can build a serviceable unit from that extra boil pot and some copper. Cheap and its versatile.

Back