Distance between tap handles?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jagg

Reaction score
I just built my keezer and was wondering what spacing I need between the tap handles? They are Perlick faucets. I am guessing 4 inches would be plenty, but want a little reassurance, I would hate to ruin this 100+ year old heart pine collar, any help would be appreciated, thanks.:mug:

I don't know the answer...but to add to the fray...I'll throw out some points to consider.

How many KEGS fit into the available space?
How many taps can you get over a given size drip tray?
How much space do you need between taps to prevent decorative tap handles from getting in each others way?

And for Kegerator guys/gals... is the plastic shelf structure on the door in the way?

Here's a few places that I screwed up...

I can get 5 corny kegs in my kegerator...If I had THAT to do over again...I would have gotten a fridge wide enough to hold 6.

I started with 2 faucets...then went to 4. The spacing that I started with on the original 2...I tried to keep uniform when I added the other two. The spacing is grand for large tap handles...and it looks pretty good.

Then I found a drip tray. The four faucets fit over this drip tray perfectly.

Now....I'd really like to add a 5th faucet. If I keep the spacing...it will look off balance to add one to one side or the other. Five faucets won't fit over my drip tray. Hmmm.

So...if I had it just the way I wanted it... I would have started with the drip tray...and evenly spaced the number of faucets that the kegerator has room for over that real estate...and just checked first to make sure the tap handles don't interfere with each other.

I'm sure there are other considerations...but these are the ones that keep my mind busy.

I basically divided the width of my drip tray by 5 just to get them even. Since you're likely only filling one glass at a time, spacing is more aesthetic than anything else.

fourtaps.jpg

-Joe

Thanks guys, good info as usual, I think Ill so the mock setup as Orfy mentioned, and thanks for the tips on spacing, Ill come up with something shortly, again thanks, if you all can think of anything else, fire away.:rockin:

I think I did mine at 2 3/4" for a close pack. Cardboard is just as easy to mock up on as cheap ply. all you need to do is be able to twist the faucet off and not hit the one next to it.

B

Latest posts

Back