Dirty Blonde Recipe Check

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SGTSparty

Reaction score
Hey all,

I found this recipe out there on the interwebs and I want to brew it as its one my SWMBO's favorite styles. Here's the recipe I have, does this check out to anyone who's brewed one or something similar before?

Pilsner 9 lbs.
Honey 1 lbs.
Wheat Malt 1lbs.
Belgian Biscuit 0.5 lbs.

Hops:
Chinook 0.5@ 60 min
Cascade 0.5 @15 min
Cascade 0.5 @5 min

Yeast Wyeast 1056

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
What do you mean by Belgian malt?

That might be a bit higher in bitterness than what you're going for...

I've never brewed it, but it looks spot on for a great blonde ale. In fact, I think I'll give it a go.

Great, thanks for the feedback. I've never done a blonde before and I got this off another website where it was posted years ago and had no feedback so I really appreciate the comment.

I've never done a blonde before

Ah, I sympathise....:D

I was after something for a group of occasional craft beer drinkers (mostly lager drinkers, but will sometimes have a pale ale or two), and I think this will hit the mark.

I've never done a blonde.

it is not that big of an issue. I do reds now, blondes just think they are to good looking for me, I prefer no headcases.

I love blonds ales, and that looks different, you need to post back as I would like to see how little haze it ends up with.

thanks for posting the recipe.:mug:

I like the blonde recipe - simple and straightforward.
Speaking of reds, that was the next experiment after my blonde. Being interested in mixed styles, I calculated up a red wheat ale with the gravity and color of an Irish red, but the yeast and hopping of a mild American pale ale.
Wouldn't you know, there's a style for exactly that - an American amber.

I like the blonde recipe - simple and straightforward.
Speaking of reds, that was the next experiment after my blonde. Being interested in mixed styles, I calculated up a red wheat ale with the gravity and color of an Irish red, but the yeast and hopping of a mild American pale ale.
Wouldn't you know, there's a style for exactly that - an American amber.

It's always fun when we catch ourselves reinventing the wheel.

Back