Direct bottle carbing

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gonzalito

Reaction score
Hello,

I´m presenting an idea, I´d like to carbonate the bottles directly. Just as it sounds..

Right now I´m carbonating bottles naturally, I usually carbonate with 8g of corn sugar per liter. Carbonation is great and never had any issues with bottles exploding.

What I´m trying to achieve now is no sediment in bottles so I was thinking of carbonating directly into bottles.

Does anyone do this? Anyone had any problems?

The idea is to fill the bottles from the fermentor and once with the proper level of beer inside the bottle, carbonate it, and cap it.

Any ideas or known/tested method?

If you dont want to carb using priming sugar you either have to carb in your FV if your able to do so then bottle directly from it. Or get a keg and a co2 tank carb in the keg then bottle from keg. Other then that I dont know .

I keg, so the sediment (just a little) goes to the bottom of the keg. Then, once the beer is clear, cold, and carbed up, I use a beergun and bottle however many bottles I want.

sometimes I have beer that doesn't fit in the keg, so I put it in a 2L soda bottle, pop on a carbonator cap, and carb that up. I would never try to do that in a glass bottle though.

Latest posts

Back