Did I just blow my LOVE TS2-010??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AmandaK

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm trying to wire up my keezer. Unfortunately, I've run into a few snags. The main one being that when I wired up my temp. controller (Love TS2-010), the plug was blown from the wall socket before I could even put it in.

I followed this wiring diagram:
(Sorry, it's upside down, but hopefully it makes sense.)

Since the "blow out", I switched the black and green wires with no positive effect. The freezer does not come on, nor does it spark when plugged in.

So... what now?

Thanks.

Not quite understanding your drawing, what are the 2 large circles between the plug and the box? But that is beside the point, if the plug shot out of the wall, neutral and hot are shorted together somewhere which is a dangerous scenario and makes me think you should seek the help of a qualified electrical person. The 'white' wire in your drawing should never be tied to either the 'black' or 'green' in your drawing. I would warn against your use of the green wire color as this is normally reserved for grounding wires and adds another layer of confusion.

If the plug was blown out of the socket, you most likely tripped the breaker, and there is no power going to that plug, or the entire circuit that is on the breaker.

BEFORE you reset the breaker and try plugging this back in, double check all your connections to make sure they are correct!

Also, I am not understanding your drawing either.

Roughly as I recall:
ground - bypasses the controller (if I remember correctly)
neutral - from the wall, split to the controller, also goes directly to the freezer
hot - goes in to two contacts on the controller, one to power the controller, one that will be switched to the freezer, and one hot wire coming out of the controller to the freezer.

Be careful with electricity!

I'm not a licensed electrician, but this drawing makes more sense to me

4682-wiring.jpg

Note, Neutral is yellow, ground is green and hots are black and red....and none of them cross each other.

Sorry for the crappy drawing. The circle with the squiggle is the motor and the circle with the line is the factory temp. controller.

For now, I've given up and I'm going to start calling electrician friends, but I just wanted to know if I had to buy another Love. :/

I doubt you destroyed the controller (don't take this as 100% though), because it sounds like you shorted something out before the controller, so there should have been little to no current going through the controller itself.

by factory temperature controller, do you mean you wired the love controller to the freezer's temperature controller?

If so, you only need to wire the love controller to turn on and off the freezer itself. You should not have to worry about the temperature controller in the freezer.

By factory controller, I mean the freezer's controller. I bypassed that and wired up my Love (apparently incorrectly).

As a side note, the fuse at the wall outlet did not blow.

Latest posts

Back