did i get pbw in my beer?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carbonzx

Reaction score
so im right now in the process of bottling my dunkel and my bottle cleaning process is as follows.
fill 15gal bin with 3oz pbw and soak a batch of bottles for4-5min> pull out bottles and hold them until they are drained> transfer them into bottling bucket filled with starsan for 4-5min> i drain the bottles again and put them in my dishwasher racks upside down for drying> once all bottles are done i drain starsan into a carboy> i then take my beer and siphon into the beer from fermentor into bottling bucket.

the reason for my concern is that i have this very small amount of an iridescent somewhat bluish film swirling around on the top of my bottling bucket, very hard to notice and definitely not alot but ik a little goes a long way in terms of flavor.
1. is this most likely pbw or something natural?
2. should i revise my cleaning process anyways? how?

thanks for input i will bottle and drink it anyways as i cant determine by tasting if i can taste any soapyness.

I don't think he did. sounds like he went right from PBW to starsan. cleaners have to be rinsed,starsan doesn't.

lesson learned. will a growler, with a plastic cap hold the pressure of carbonation?

Back