Dialing in my carbonation

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bubbles2

Reaction score
Thanks for looking in,
40º f
Lines are good according to Mikes Calc
Dialing in the carbonation. The chart states 12 for what I am tapping, 8-9 for the stout. for 40ºf sea level.
Both seem a bit low, So I've increase to 10 and 17 was wondering how long I need to wait to see if that was the trick?

The kegs have been sitting for 5 weeks in the fridge before tapping.

Steps:
Kegged, charges to 30 let stand at room temp for 4 weeks, let cool down for 3 days, re set carb to 20 for a week, and now adjusted to pressure mentioned above.

Thanks for looking in,
40º f
Lines are good according to Mikes Calc
Dialing in the carbonation. The chart states 12 for what I am tapping, 8-9 for the stout. for 40ºf sea level.
Both seem a bit low, So I've increase to 10 and 17 was wondering how long I need to wait to see if that was the trick?

The kegs have been sitting for 5 weeks in the fridge before tapping.

Steps:
Kegged, charges to 30 let stand at room temp for 4 weeks, let cool down for 3 days, re set carb to 20 for a week, and now adjusted to pressure mentioned above.
Within 2/3 days you’ll noice the increase in the carb

My system is at 36 and i have my carbonation set at around 15psi with 8-9ft serving lines. Per a carbonation chart, this should be overcarbing my beers, but for me i found this worked best. Anything lower than this and the beer was always slightly undercarbonated, and poured entirely too slow. If i burst carb at 30psi for 24 hours, then drop to 15psi and let sit for a week, my beer is good to go.

My system is at 36 and i have my carbonation set at around 15psi with 8-9ft serving lines. Per a carbonation chart, this should be overcarbing my beers, but for me i found this worked best. Anything lower than this and the beer was always slightly undercarbonated, and poured entirely too slow. If i burst carb at 30psi for 24 hours, then drop to 15psi and let sit for a week, my beer is good to go.

I think there is also discrepancies in the regulators themselves... For 75.00 bucks for a dual reg, I am sure it is not "on the money" for calibration, along with the deviation of a few inches here and there on hose lengths, travel paths, etc.
I did find out that I had to place a piece of cardboard atop of the hoses and between the freezer ports, a line froze. Went to pull it an hour after I put together and it did not pour, ( I was thinking "here we go") but noticed that the beer was stopped in the line.

MMM Clear Lines Good (in my best caveman)

Back