Diacetyl from 2565?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hobanon

Reaction score
Hi all,

So I recently crafted two 5gal. batches of a blonde ale to hopefully enjoy this spring/summer. I let them both ferment around 68-70oF (ambient in a basement closet) for 4-5 weeks each and cold conditioned the first for about 3-4 more weeks. Kegged and carbed, all I can taste is butter and malt. I know I fermented too high for the strain, but I'm wondering if anyone has had these results from going so high in temp (?) regardless, I'm powering through this batch and planning to mostly give the second batch away to family and friends. Any comments on the high ferment temp and diacetyl? Wyeast says its a "low" diacetyl producer which is why I'm asking.

I don't think you have a diacetyl problem. That would come from a too short or too low of a fermentation. Both of which you don't have. You may have another issue. Too high of a temp may cause off flavors and that may be too high for they yeast.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Latest posts

Back