Dessert Beers?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OregonNative

Reaction score
Do you guys have any recommended recipes for a good dessert beer? I was looking for something not to sweet, but would still go great with most desserts.

I was thinking of something along the lines of.. a cream ale, cherry ale, chocolate stout, ect ect. I'd love some recommendations.

Thanks guys,
Pat

Saranac Oatmeal Stout and Rogue Chocolate Stout both go very well with tiramisu.

Lindemann's Kriek or Framboise goes well with chocolate (truffles, cake, etc.), and also with vanilla ice cream. Make a reduction of the beer and use it as a glaze!

Wee Heavy is also a versatile dessert beer.

Brown Ale (Newcastle) and Mild go well with a loaded sweet potato (brown sugar, cinnamon, butter), so I'd guess they might go well with sweet potato or pumpkin pie. Also goes surprisingly well with barbecue!

I figure that dessert wine is usually slightly sweet, and quite light. So by the same reasoning, a beer like Duvel might be worth a try - I know Belgians sometimes add it direct to their waffle mix to lighten it up a bit, so it could work with dessert, though I'm not sure how the yeast flavors would work. Alternatively, Brooklyn Brewery's Double Chocolate Stout is fantastic with anything chocolately, and also with red fruits.

If chocolate is the dessert, I love the Hales RIS (Pikop Andropov).

Split a bomber of that with someone special while eating brownies... Crap, I just drooled on mysef...

Back